ICA Global Conference & General Assembly 2013
Co-operative Decade: Growing the Co-operative Movement
ICA's Global Conference and General Assembly will be held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town, South Africa during the week of 1-5 November. This will be the first time in ICA’s 118 year history that it will be held in Africa. The Official Conference website is now live visit www.capetown2013.coop.
The programme will start with statutory meetings of ICA bodies and then move into the main conference. The theme of the conference is Co-operative Decade: Growing the Co-operative Movement. The exciting programme will be built around the Blueprint for a Co-operative Decade, which aims to take co-operatives to a position of being the preferred model and as a result the fastest-growing form of enterprise by 2020. The Blueprint is available here.
The Conference Programme, Hotels and Tours Programme can be found below.
Below is a summary of the programme:
- Friday 1 November: statutory meetings
- Saturday 2 November: statutory meetings, & youth conference
- Sunday 3 November: full plenary followed by breakout sessions, and welcome reception with Rochdale Award and auction to benefit the Endowment Fund for Africa
- Monday 4 November: reports & debates from Sunday breakouts & ICA General Assembly
- Tuesday 5 November: Breakout sessions and full plenary, followed by joint dinner with ICMIF delegates
During the week there will also be a number of booths selling co-operative books and goods, providing information about co-operatives, showcases, and a number of other side meetings.
The ICA Conference and General Assembly will be followed by the ICMIF 2013 Conference on 6-8 November 2013, also in Cape Town.
The Conference website has the latest information visit www.capetown2013.coop.
- Co-op Stories
- Co-op Decade
- Add an event
- ICA Global Conference & General Assembly 2013
- 2nd International Summit of Co-operatives
- Co-operatives United 2012
- ICA events
- International Co-operative Day 2013
- UN International Year
- The ICA
- ICA Projects
- Join the ICA
- ICA Members
- What's a co-op?