- Co-op Decade
- Towards 2020 - The Alliance's 2015 Global Conference
- 2017 General Assembly - call for host proposals
- All Events
- Add an event
- 2013 Alliance Conference and General Assembly
- Alliance events
- International Co-operative Day 2014
- 2nd International Summit of Co-operatives
- 2014 UN International Year of Family Farming
- UN International Year
- Co-operatives United 2012
- The Alliance
- Global conference hosting protocol
- Alliance Members
- Alliance Projects
- Join the Alliance
- Alliance Board
- Global Development Co-operative
- Alliance Recovery Fund
- What's a co-op?
Global Development Co-operative
The Global Development Co-operative (GDC) was launched in New York in November 2011 and aims to support co-operative businesses in developing countries by raising USD 50m to provide access to low cost loans for capital and infrastructure projects. It will target those with an interest in international development and extending the reach and benefits of the co-operative model. It will ensure that a positive and long-lasting legacy will remain from the International Year, helping thousands of co-operators in the developing world.
The GDC has been developed by the UK’s The Co-operative Bank – part of the world’s largest consumer co-operative - and the Alliance.
Amongst those who have already pledged their financial support for the initiative include the All China Federation of Supply and Marketing Co-operatives, Credit Cooperatif of France, SOK Corporation from Finland and IFFCO of India. Mid-Counties Co-operative as well as The Co- operative Bank from the UK who have also pledged their support.
To get in touch with the Global Development Co-operative, click here.
Click below for the press release from the launch of the Global Development Co-operative in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese.