Celebrate the International Day of Co-operatives!
The International Day of Co-operatives is an annual celebration of the co-operative movement happening on the first Saturday of July since 1923 by the Alliance.
The 2018 International Day of Cooperatives will be celebrated on the 7th of July.
With "sustainable consumption and production of goods and services" as theme in mind, co-operators from around the world were invited to participate in selecting the International Day of Co-operatives (#CoopsDay) slogan. Sustainable societies through co-operation was the most popular one and it will be the slogan for the 2018 edition of #CoopsDay.
The slogan was selected in a weeklong social media campaign on Twitter. This is the first time the International Day slogan has been determined by a public vote. The 2018 International Day of Cooperatives will be celebrated on the 7th of July.
Since 1995, the Alliance and the United Nations have been setting the theme for the celebration of #CoopsDay through Committee for the Promotion and Advancement of Cooperatives (COPAC), a multi-stakeholder partnership of global public and private institutions, the Alliance being a founding member, that champions and supports people-centred and self-sustaining cooperative enterprises as leaders in sustainable development.
The logo and press kit will be distributed soon, stay tuned.
Previous themes of the International Day of Co-operatives
- 2017: Co-operatives ensure no one is left behind
- 2016: Cooperatives: The power to act for a sustainable future
- 2015: Choose co-operatives, choose equality
- 2014: Co-operative enterprises achieve sustainable development for all
- 2013: Cooperative enterprise remains strong in time of crisis
- 2012: Co-operative enterprises build a better world
- 2011: Youth, the future of co-operative enterprise
- 2010: Cooperative Enterprise Empowers Women
- 2009: Driving Recovery through Co-operative Enterprise
- 2008: Confronting Climate Change through Co-operative Enterprise
- 2007: Co-operative Values and Principles for Corporate Social responsibility
- 2006: Peace-building through Co-operatives
- 2005: Microfinance is OUR business! Cooperating out of poverty
- 2004: Co-operatives for Fair Globalisation: Creating Opportunities for All
- 2003: Co-operatives Make Development Happen!: The contribution of co-operatives to the United Nations Millennium Development Goals
- 2002: Society and Co-operatives: Concern for Community
- 2001: The Co-operative Advantage in the Third Millennium
- 2000: Co-operatives and Employment Promotion